A well-designed footer can be a powerful element of your Shopify store. It not only provides valuable information but also contributes to the overall aesthetic appeal of your website. One way to enhance your footer's visual appeal and functionality is by adding icon images.
When setting up a Shopify eCommerce site, it can be confusing to know how to go about customizing the layout. You may not have any prior web design experience and want to know how best to customize your page. Shopify offers a site builder that makes it easy for anyone to tailor their website according to their brand’s image and style.
One task that may be difficult is placing icon images in the footer of your website. To make your page look modern and organized, you can add icons for social media links or contact information so customers can easily find them.
In this blog post, we'll guide you through the process of putting icon images in the footer of your Shopify store, helping you create a more engaging and user-friendly online shopping experience.
Steps to Add Icon Images to Shopify Footer
Here is how you go about adding icon images to your Shopify store footer:
1. Choose Your Icons Before you begin
Decide which icons you want to include in your footer. Common choices include social media icons (such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), payment method icons (like Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal), or icons representing specific features or services your store offers.
You can create your own icons or find ready-made ones from various sources, including icon libraries, graphic design software, or online icon generators.
Some of the best sources to find icons are Freepik, Envato Elements, and Canva
2. Upload the Icon Images to Shopify
Once you have your icons ready, it's time to upload them to your Shopify store. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
- From the left-hand sidebar, click on "Online Store" and then select "Themes."
- In the Themes section, click on "Customize" for your current theme. This will open the Theme Editor.
- In the Theme Editor, look for the "Sections" or "Footer" tab, depending on your theme's structure. Click on it to access the footer settings.
- Within the footer settings, locate the area where you want to add the icons. This could be the footer menu or a custom HTML section.
- In the section where you want to add icons, you can usually insert an image or upload an image file. Click on the option to add an image and upload the icon images you selected earlier.
3. Add Links and Styling
To make your icon images functional and visually appealing, you'll need to add links and style them properly:
- After uploading each icon, you can usually add a hyperlink to it. Link each icon to its respective social media profile, payment gateway, or relevant page on your website. This ensures that clicking on the icon takes visitors to the intended destination.
- Customize the styling of your icons to match your store's design. You can adjust their size, spacing, alignment, and colors to create a cohesive look within your footer.
4. Save and Publish
Once you've added your icons, linked them, and styled them to your liking, don't forget to save your changes and publish them to make them visible on your live Shopify store.
In Summary: Shopify Footer Icon Images
Gradually, over time, you will begin to understand your audiences and develop an effective digital marketing strategy.
You will learn what channels work best for you and how you should be using them based on your industry and customer base. In the end, it is crucial to use every single channel available to you. You never know which one might make all of the difference in helping you grow your brand.
Don't forget about social media. Social media management, like scheduling posts or running ads, can be one of the biggest time sucks for business owners, but it's also one of the most important aspects of digital marketing.
Luckily, there are lots of tools out there that can help you automate this process and still keep up with what's happening with your social media accounts.
Keep in mind that the tips above aren’t the only things you can do to become a better digital marketer. However, they are some of the most effective strategies for improving your digital marketing efforts overall.
And if you follow our advice, you just might start noticing that people are more inclined to click on your ads, follow you on social media, or purchase products from your brand.