In today’s era, where customer service has become a priority, live chat support is now considered essential. If you have an eCommerce site or a Saas website, chances are that you already provide live chat support. To do this you will need to use the best live chat software on the market.
The idea behind live chat is simple - give customers the ability to get answers from a real person immediately. While chatbot technology has come a long way since its early days, it’s still relatively new. In fact, there are still a lot of companies who don't use chat support.
This means there is plenty of room for growth. If you want to stay ahead of the curve, then you should start using live chat now.
Here are some statistics and trends you should know when you consider implementing a live chat solution on your website.
10 Statistics on Why Live Chat is Important
- Live chat is preferred by 41 percent of consumers, followed by telephone (32 percent), email (23 percent) and social media (3 percent).
- Research shows that live chat is preferred by 79 percent of users because they get immediate answers.
- Live chat has the best overall satisfaction rate among online channels at 73%, compared to 61 percent for emails and 44 percent for phone calls.
- Live chat has an average response rate of 46 seconds.
- About 70 percent of the people who use chat support services prefer talking to a real person rather than using a chatbot.
- According to a survey conducted by Capterra, 44 percent of customer support leaders across the globe say they use messaging tools to keep their teams engaged during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Live chat widgets are expected by nearly half (41%) of online shoppers.
- About 20 percent of customers share their negative experience with live chats.
- 33% of proactive chat conversations received responses from customers.
- Customers who use live chat are 2.8x more likely to convert than those who do not use live chat support.
Top 25+ Live Chat Statistics to Know
When it comes to positively influencing purchases, live chat for business can actually be a secret weapon. This is because customers love having the ability to quickly get their questions answered in all parts of the purchasing journey across industries.
For both B2B and B2C companies, live chat is a valuable tool that can improve customer conversion, satisfaction, and loyalty.
We’ve put together a list of live chat statistics to show you just how popular it is for many businesses.
1. According to a study 80% of companies say that live chat has increased their sales, revenue, and customer loyalty for their business.
Live chat has been shown to increase sales and revenue, and improve client satisfaction for almost 80% of businesses. There are many reasons why companies choose to implement live chat into their websites or apps. The main reason is that they want to provide better customer service and support.
2. About 40% of companies in the US, Europe, and China use live chat software to engage customers.
There are lots of companies offering free live chat software. Some even offer free trial periods. This makes it tempting to try out their services without having to pay anything upfront. However, investing in live chat software can be beneficial for your business. Not only does it provide instant feedback from your customers, but it also helps improve your conversion rates.
3. The top live chat software companies are Zendesk, Freshchat, Salesforce LiveAgent, Zoho SalesIQ, and LiveChat.
There are several live chat solutions out there, each with its pros and cons. The best live chat solution depends on your business model, customer base, and other factors. The top live chat software companies are Zendesk, Freshchat, Salesforce LiveAgent, Zoho SalesIQ, and LiveChat. So these are some of the live chat software you can trust to implement in your business.
4. Live chat has the highest satisfaction rate (73%) out of any form of customer communication.
The benefits of live chat include increased sales, improved customer retention, and a better customer experience. However, some companies don’t realize the full potential of live chat. They fail to see the value of using live chat to improve their customer service.
5. Research shows that having a live chat service can increase a company’s conversion rate by 3.87%.
You should use live chat to answer questions, resolve issues, or provide additional information. If you want to increase your conversion rates, you should also consider adding features such as video chat, polls, surveys, and games.
6. Nearly 44% of people say a live chat service is the most valuable tool a company can offer on their website.
Live chat allows businesses to engage directly with customers without having to pay for costly advertising campaigns. In addition, it provides them with real-time feedback and insights into customer behavior. This enables them to improve their service and increase sales.
7. About 60% of customers expect an immediate response when initiating a live chat.
Customers expect an immediate response from businesses when they initiate a live chat. It only makes sense that customers expect an immediate response on live Chat because it's seen as a promise to customers that your team is available to assist them however they want and need. This expectation is especially true for eCommerce sites where customers are looking for answers to their queries.
8. Of companies using live chat software, B2B companies make up 61% of live chat clients while B2C makes up only 33%.
Live chat has become a standard feature in eCommerce websites today. The benefits of having a live chat option include increased conversions, better customer satisfaction, and lower abandonment rates.
9. Around 74% of B2C companies and 85% of B2B companies use live chat for sales.
Live Chat has become a common tool for businesses across industries. Though live chat is mostly used for sales it is important to note that 31% of B2C companies and 54% of B2B companies use live chat for marketing purposes. Many businesses are using Live Chat to improve customer service, engage customers, and boost sales. If you haven’t tried it yet, now might be the time to give it a try.
10. A study shows that from 2019 to 2020, the use of live chat on mobile experienced a 0.5% decline.
Live Chat allows customers to interact directly with a company representative via text or voice. This enables them to ask questions, get answers, and resolve issues without having to wait for a phone call or email response.
However, the use of live chat on mobile devices has declined by 0.5%. The reason behind this decline is unclear, but it might be due to people spending more time at home on their computers instead of mobile devices.
11. People between the ages of 18 and 49 preferred Live chat as customer support method.
As to why Live chat is the preferred way to interact with customers! The reason why is simple: it gives them a sense of personalization and convenience. Live chat is the fastest-growing customer service channel.
12. Mexico has the highest customer satisfaction rate of live chat experiences out of any country (94.11%), followed by Australia (93.59%) and Canada (88.36%).
How would you react if you received a live chat response from someone who was rude or disrespectful? Would you respond back politely or ignore them? The idea behind Live Chat is to provide immediate support to customers without having to wait for a response through other channels such as email or phone call.
A recent survey conducted by Global Customer Service Index (GCSI) found that Mexico had the highest customer satisfaction rate for live chat experiences out of all countries surveyed.
13. Millennials (63%) prefer using a live chat over traditional channels like email or phone.
Millennials are known for being tech-savvy. They love live chat because they can get immediate answers from real people. This generation also prefers to communicate through text messages, emails, and social media platforms. Millennials are the largest demographic group in the U.S., representing nearly 40% of the population.
14. Once a chat has been started, customers wait on average 2 minutes 40 seconds for a response from the chatbot or live chat rep.
How long does it take for a customer service agent to respond to a customer? The answer depends on the company, but according to a recent survey conducted by Live Chat, customers wait on average 2 minutes and 40 seconds for a response once they have started a live chat.
According to the same study, the top reasons why customers leave a conversation with a live chat agent include:
- Lack of empathy - the agent didn’t seem to care about their problem.
- Poor listening skills - the agent didn‘t listen to the customer’s concerns.
- Inability to resolve the issue - the agent couldn’t solve the problem.
15. On average, companies had a chat duration of 10 minutes 57 seconds in 2020, which is an 18% increase from the previous year.
How much time does your company spend chatting with customers? In 2020, businesses spent an average of 10 minutes and 57 seconds talking to their clients. This is a significant increase from 2019 when companies only chatted for 9 minutes and 43 seconds.
The rise of social media has led to increased customer service expectations. Customers expect to be able to reach out to brands via social platforms, such as Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM. Companies are now investing heavily into these channels to provide better customer support.
With the rise of social media, companies are spending more time communicating with their customers. As a result, they are increasing the amount of time they spend interacting with them.
16. About 42% of website visitors claim that they trust a company more if they offer live chat support.
The concept of providing live chat services has become very common. There are various reasons why businesses choose to implement live chat. One of the main reasons is to increase sales conversions. Live chat helps improve customer satisfaction and build trust.
17. Around 51% of customers prefer a company that is available 24/7 for questions.
How important is customer service to you? If you answered yes, then you should definitely use live chat software on your website and offer a 24/7 service.
Customer service is one of the top priorities for businesses today. The importance of good customer service has never been greater. According to a recent survey from Salesforce, almost half (46%) of customers said they would switch brands if their company didn't offer great customer service.
Customers want to deal with companies that care about them. They want to know that someone is always listening and ready to answer questions or solve problems. That's why it's crucial to invest time and resources into providing exceptional customer service.
18. Studies show that live chat can increase customer loyalty by 51%.
Live chat has become a key part of customer service. Live chat also helps reduce customer wait times, increase sales conversions, and decrease abandonment rates. This results in a 51% increase in customer loyalty because every customer wants to be well taken care of by the brand they buy from.
19. More than 95% of customers say that the quality of support during their live chat experience is more important than speed.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) play a crucial role in ensuring customers receive the highest level of service possible. The best role they play is offering quality service. Though customer assistance speed is great for customers 95% still say they prefer quality support more than speed.
20. About, 79% of customers say they use live chat to get immediate responses to their questions.
Customers complain that customer service representatives don’t answer their questions or respond within a reasonable time frame. Is this really true?
Customer service has become a major concern for businesses around the globe. About 79% want to get an immediate response on live chat. So for companies to improve customer satisfaction, they should invest in tools that enable agents to provide faster and better answers to customers' questions. Live Chat is one of the best ways to reduce wait times and increase customer satisfaction.
21. Companies with chat support pay roughly 15 to 33% less than those with phone support.
Are you looking for ways to improve customer service? Chat support might be the answer. In fact, companies with chat support tend to pay around 15 to 33 percent less than those with phone or email support.
However, some businesses are still reluctant to adopt chat support because they don’t want to invest in new technologies. They believe that it’s too expensive to hire additional staff to handle chat requests.
22. By the end of 2022, it is expected that 85% of companies will have some form of live chat support.
Live chat has become a standard feature in customer service apps. It allows customers to get immediate answers to their questions and resolve issues without having to wait for a reply from a human agent.
Live chat is a great way to engage with your audience and improve customer satisfaction. In fact, 85 percent of businesses will offer live chat support by end of 2022.
23. The live chat support market is expected to reach around $987 million by the end of 2023.
Live chat support is becoming increasingly important for businesses because it allows them to provide better customer service and improve their overall experience. The global live chat support market is expected to reach around $987 million in 2023.
24. Live chat adoption in retail and e-commerce is the fastest-growing.
Live chat is becoming a vital tool for retailers to engage their customers. Retailers are now adopting live chat to provide better customer service and increase sales.
25. About 81% of customer service departments plan on investing more in live chat support in the future.
Customer Service Departments (CSDs) are becoming increasingly important to businesses. They provide customer support through phone calls, emails, or live chats. In addition, they also offer other services such as order processing, payment processing, and marketing.
CSDs are often seen as a cost center rather than a profit center. This means that they are often understaffed and overworked. As a result, they struggle to deliver quality customer service.
However, CSDs are now being rethought and reinvented. The goal is to improve their efficiency and effectiveness. Live Chat Support is one way to achieve this.
Give your Customers the Best Experience
With more customers demanding support through live chat, companies are expected to implement chat software on their websites or mobile apps.
Not only is live chat crucial to enhancing the customer journey, but it’s also one of the most efficient and financially responsible tools for customer support.