GetResponse is a powerful email marketing tool with smart automation features, a ton of integrations, and a more modern interface than MailChimp.
GetResponse is a trusted brand, with over 20 years’ of experience in email campaigns. The easy-to-setup forms, drag and drop editor, simple A/B testing and responsive design of the product make it seem almost too good to be true.
If this is all too much for you to handle, GetResponse offers everything through automation – your content can be scheduled and segmented so you can sit back and relax while they deliver the campaigns you care about.
But, how does it stack up against other email marketing platforms including Infusionsoft, ActiveCampaign, Mad Mimi, and Drip.
Let’s find out!
Table of Contents
Get Response Main Features
If you’ve used other email marketing platforms, much of the GetResponse interface will be familiar — at least at first. You can create lists, import and manage contacts, design and send messages and track results.
Those tasks are all carried out in a logical workflow that will be familiar to anyone who has used an email marketing platform before.
Here are the main features at GetResponse
At the time of writing, the platform’s features can be broadly broken down into six categories:
- Email marketing (email and landing page creation, mailing list management, autoresponders and more)
- Marketing automation (trigger-based email campaigns and marketing automation processes)
- The Automation builder is arguably GetResponse’s top feature with the ability to build complex auto responder sequences based on user behavior.
- Sales funnels (product and sales funnel creation, upsells and downsells)
- Webinars (live or automated webinars, including polls and surveys, attendee engagement tools and more). Live webinars are not available on all plans and has caps depending on the plan you are on from ‘Plus’ up.
- E-commerce (shopping cart functionality, order pages, checkout forms and product pages). There is the abandoned order recovery feature that automatically sends reminder emails to users.
- Conversion optimization (split testing, analytics and conversion funnel analysis). You get access to automated sales funnels and more as you go to higher plans
- An AI powered Website Builder to help you launch your website quickly
Get Response Pricing
- GetResponse Free: $0 and lets you use a cut-down version of GetResponse indefinitely, so long as your list remains under 500 records in size.
- Basic: $19 per month and lets you send an unlimited number of emails to up to 1,000 subscribers.
- Plus: $59 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
- Professional: $119 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers
- Max: custom pricing (contact sales for a price).
- Max2: custom pricing (Contact sales for a price).
The free plan comes with a limited number of features and is suitable for users who want to try the software before they commit to a paid plan. It includes:
- 1,000 subscribers
- Unlimited emails per month
- Basic autoresponders series
- Email marketing only features (no landing pages or webinars)
We recommend that you get started with a paid plan, as it will give you access to all the marketing tools that GetResponse has to offer.
A Closer Look GetResponse Features
When compared to other email marketing providers, GetResponse offers a larger set of features. It provides all the features you would expect an email marketing platform to give and more.
You can say it’s an all in one marketing and eCommerce platform.
GetResponse Email Builder
GetResponse’s drag-and-drop email builder is intuitive and easy to use, enabling you to create high-converting emails with ease. You can also work with HTML if you prefer.
GetResponse have around 145 email templates available, it is important to now that it’s less templates when compared to other email marketing tools. (Aweber for example has over 600 email templates). On the plus side the templates are easily customizable.
The email templates are built to celebrate, educate, promote, sell and welcome your audience.
With the GetResponse email builder, you can make extensive use of web fonts, for example a selection from the Google fonts’ library. This gives you more room to create beautiful designs that look more like your brand.
All GetResponse templates are responsive meaning they are built to look good even on mobile devices. The preview option is only available for Desktop and mobile, not on tablet which thought not a big negative is still a minus.
Landing Page Builder
You can now create unlimited landing pages and host them on your own domain. There’s only one template, but it’s fully customizable with a visual editor.
GetResponse offers more than 200 customizable templates that you can use to build professional landing pages optimized for conversions. The builder is simple, but again, it’s highly effective. The only downside is some templates look outdated, so stick to the latest templates for better designs.
You can easily use the drag and drop feature to move, resize group and reshape elements on your landing pages.
You also have a mobile view which allows to optimize your website for mobile devices. Landing pages are packed with features, including a free GetResponse domain, and SEO optimized title tags and Meta descriptions can be customized.
There are also inbuilt analytics for your landing pages. These help you understand what’s happening with your landing pages. Additionally, you can integrate your landing pages with Google analytics, google tag manager and Facebook pixel to understand what happening in your business.
The free forever plan offers, email marketing, website builder, domain, landing pages, and signup forms and contact forms.
This is an area where GetResponse is ahead of the curve. It has a large library of pre-built automation workflows covering everything from abandoned cart emails to product recommendations to blog post updates and more.
You can also create your own custom automations with the intuitive visual workflow builder.
Autoresponders are a big part of the GetResponse marketing automation feature.
For example, you can set up autoresponders for different scenarios;
- After someone signs up to you mailing list, a personalized automated welcome email is sent to them.
- In a week they receive a discount offer, it can come off as a reward for their subscription
- In another email 2 weeks later you can send them a video and you encourage them to subscribe to your YouTube channel.
The sequence can continue until the contact decides to unsubscribe.
All the paid plans offer autoresponders. The autoresponders are some of the most comprehensive in the market.
You can create auto responders based on the action your contact takes. For example, email open, clicking on a link in the email, a mailing list subscription, changing contact preferences, a transaction, user data changes (to confirm to the user their information has been changed).
Some of these emails help keep you users aware of how safe their information is.
You can host unlimited webinars on your own branded platform, complete with signup pages, registration forms and automated follow up emails. There’s a choice of templates, and all calls are recorded for future viewing by attendees who missed the live event.
GetResponse’s interface for managing webinars makes it easy to host online events and capture leads at the same time. If a webinar isn’t the right fit for your business, you can also use the platform to run online courses — all without leaving the GetResponse interface.
A couple of additional features make this a standout option: you can poll attendees during the call and encourage questions via a live chat feature in real time.
If you want to feature products in your webinar, you can simply use screen sharing or in the case of selling you can sell the products directly inside the webinar platform.
Sales funnels and e-Commerce Integration
Create sales funnels using GetResponse’s visual builder, including sections for upsells and cross-sells as well as checkout pages. Use your existing domain name or GetResponse’s subdomain to host the funnel pages on your own site (or use their newly added website builder)
Thanks to its recent e-commerce integration, GetResponse now enables users to sell digital and physical products through their websites without resorting to third-party solutions like PayPal or Shopify. This is perfect if you want to build a basic online store.
GetResponse Website Builder
The newest addition to the platform is the website builder which is an AI powered tool to get you ranking higher. With this tool all you do is answer a few questions about your business and your website is automatically generated.
You can also use, widgets, color pallet, and themes, and also add your logos and images to create a more appealing design.
The builder is easy to use and customizable. It allows to change everything on your website – changing fonts, text sizes and changing images, adjusting padding and more.
If you are already familiar with the website email and landing page builder from GetResponse, then it’s a great tool for you. The menu for building your website is the same as when building landing pages.
It is a drag and drop website builder which shows you some more customization options when you select a section.
Email analytics are important, they help you keep up with security of your email marketing data, better understand your subscribers, and as a result make data driven decisions.
With GetResponse analytics you can;
- Track email activity to understand user engagement patterns. For example, you get access to analyze open and click through rates. You can even compare campaigns and learn how users interact with your emails.
- You can also use A/B testing to analyze newsletters, autoresponders and automation messages. Also you can compare analytics for all campaigns so you can create better performing email campaigns every time.
- You also have the ability to monitor your campaign performances, trends in your email marketing using daily, or monthly intervals. With these reports you can monitor average subscription rates.
GetResponse offers over a 170 integration which organized per service they provide. You can also use GetResponse to build your own API and Zapier to connect.
There is a wide range of third party integrations
- Ecommerce platforms
- Payment gateways and payment platforms
- Social media integrations
- Sales and conversion tools
- Landing pages and popup builder
GetResponse Email list builder
Email list building is an important part of your email marketing strategy. How else would you have successful email campaigns without the people to send your campaigns to?
Using GetResponse list building features, you can upload contacts lists, assign tags to track behavior, obtain consent from the user and get to know your subscribers.
With this feature you can send smart emails to your prospects and customers alike. You can automatically segment your mailing list in to keep your mailing list up to date and relevant.
To make it even greater your lists you can automatically assign engagement scores. This way you can make improvement where needed.
Using custom fields in signup forms and landing pages you can decide which information you collect from your subscribers. This helps you even further manage your contacts.
Web push notifications are timely updates that your website visitors can opt-in to. They are sent via the browser and are available both on desktop and mobile devices.
Push notifications are great for inviting back your visitors to your website. Ater all returning visitors are more likely to convert than first time visitors. You can even use them to have your audience opt in to your mailing list.
Web push notifications are a great way to stay in touch with your audience. These little messages appear on the screen of your subscribers’ devices. They can be used both for desktop and mobile devices.
GetResponse Push notifications are a powerful engagement tool that you can use to grow your audience, keep your subscribers informed, or even sell products and services.
If you’re looking for ways to use them together with email marketing, here are a couple of ideas:
You can use web push notifications to support your email marketing campaigns. For example, you can send out a web notification as soon as you publish new content on your site. Or you can use push notifications to generate social traffic or build up hype around an upcoming event.
You can also include web push notifications in your marketing automation workflows to increase the impact of these messages.
Advantages of using GetResponse
GetResponse got everything you need to grow your list, engage your audience and sell more products. It provides email marketing, landing pages, webinars, marketing automation and CRM functionality all in one place.
GetResponse is one of the most popular eCommerce email marketing tools out there (and for good reason). If you’re looking for a robust tool that can do absolutely everything you could possibly need, Get Response might be the only tool you’ll ever need. But it’s important for you to try it first before you make the decision.
Here are some benefits of using GetResponse
- It is perfect for scaling, supports both small and large businesses
- Landing pages and conversion funnel are included in their plans
- Webinar funnels to improve conversion
- Large collection of templates (email, landing pages, and automations)
- Advanced marketing automation features which are easy to use
- One month free trial without credit card ( a great chance for your to test the platform)
- 24/7 chat and email support
The downside of using GetResponse
Like any platform GetResponse is not all perfect, there are some disadvantages to it.
- The is no money back guarantee on annual plans
- Some landing page templates look outdated, though it is a good builder.